Tips on how to get good grades!
1) Be In School Every Day
- When you miss school, you miss notes, class discussions, explanations, quizzes, etc. No matter how good you are at getting things made up, it can never be entirely corrected. Also, while you’re taking the time to make things up from the day before, you’re missing opportunities to get things done today.
2) Be Organized
- Use a student planner or assignment notebook to keep track of upcoming deadlines, tests, etc.
- Keep a separate colored pocket folder for each class
- Keep your locker & backpack neat
- Get everything organized for the next day before bed
3) Manage Your Time Well
- Use any extra time in school to get ahead on homework, reading, reviewing notes, etc.
- Create a study plan that works for you and follow it
- Break large assignments down into smaller parts
4) Be Successful in the Classroom
- Have everything you need with you for class
- Always do your homework
- Participate in class
- Ask questions
5) Take Good Notes
- Be an active listener - think about what is being said
- Learn to recognize & write down important info
- Take notes that are easy to read - use as much space as you need
- Get a copy of class notes if you’re absent
- Recopy notes into question & answer form
6) Study Smart
- Find a good place to study
- Develop a routine and stick to it
- Use tricks to help memorize things